Consultation after adoption
You'll never have to face this journey alone. Our post-adoption specialists will work with you to assess needs and concerns during challenging situations, provide recommendations for support, connect you to adoption-competent community resources, and provide follow-up to ensure your needs have been met.
Coaching for adoptive family relationships
For individuals seeking more support, coaching is available to provide one-on-one guidance. We can meet face-to-face, through a virtual meeting, or by phone - at your convenience.
- Assessment of strengths and needs
- Identifying goals and developing strategies
- Professional consultation with other service providers
- Follow-up support
NOTE: Please be aware that consultation is not considered clinical counseling and will not be billable through insurance providers.
Counseling for post-adoption challenges
Counselors are available to assist individuals, couples, and families with a variety of experiences related to adoption. These services may be provided by our licensed, clinical staff in select locations. For other locations, we can refer you to adoption-competent providers in your community. Some areas that can be explored through counseling include:
- Responding to other’s questions about adoption – Web Resource
- Sharing difficult information with children – PDF Download
- Depression and anxiety – Web Resource
- Grief and loss – Web Resource
- Infertility – Web Resource
- Parenting or marital issues – PDF Download
- Sibling relationships – PDF Download
- Adjusting as a multi-cultural family – PDF Download
- Understanding adolescent needs and behavior – PDF Download
- Trauma-informed therapy – Web Resource
Together, let's overcome adoption challenges
We're here to support you at any point in your adoption journey.